Thursday, November 17, 2011

The trip to Baltimore

Went by plane and then train to Baltimore.  Engaged in a great conversation with a fellow passenger:  we'd both read the article in this month's Rolling Stone, "The Party of the Rich", by Tim Dickinson. A must read to understand the devastating effects of the Bush tax cuts, and much more.  Dickinson was interviewed by Terry Gross yesterday on Fresh Air, and offered even more illumination.

So engrossed in conversation, I got off at the wrong stop, West Baltimore.  Not a good idea, especially since I had about a thousand pounds of luggage and carried it all the way down the platform stairs before I realized my mistake.  Shouts up to the conductor to hold the train!  He did, and I made it to Baltimore!

Dinner with friends made the long day of travel disappear. But off to bed early, for an early start in the morning. The route has changed, so I'll be starting from Havre de Grace.

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Power to my friend Donna today for being an acive part of the democracy we live in. Safe travels and lighten your load girl. Let go of some of that luggage:)

    ReplyDelete